Sunday, January 1, 2012

November 16,2011

O what a beautiful day.. Howard got me up at 7 am ok lets go... What is it? It is   early where are we going?? To the boat ok... Let me make the sandwiches, pack the cooler,( water, V8, fruit, & today we have a few beers) Out the door at 845am to the boat yard again... Well this will be the last time for awhile!! We are putting her into the water...
At 11am I went to the yard foreman Bob & said to him please put my boat in the water! He thought I was joking with him!!! I said no lets go!!!  So the crew at the yard loaded her up onto the travel-lift.... put her into the water in the sling & let her rest for about 30 minutes Howard got aboard to see if there was water coming in anyplace.... THANK YOU GOD No leaks!!! AND DORY FLOATS!
We set out about 12pm for our ride to the Marina.. What a nice feeling. It took all of 20 minutes to get to the Marina! When I called the Dock-master and asked him to catch my lines he thought I was pulling him leg. I said no we are on our way in now! Look for us... He couldnt see us because we were stick-less! As we were going to the Marina Howard asked me how we should go in I said aft first.... Well she didn't want to move as fast as he asked her... Thank you AL for holding us off the other dock! ( we weren't going very fast!) We got her into to her slip and toasted with a BEER!!!!!! To new adventures!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment